This site is always under construction!
Only the titles in red link to available resources
- Welcome to my little web site! My name is Roberto Bencivenga, I hold a Ph.D. in mathematics and I teach at Red Deer College.
- The notes and videos found on this site are primarily for my students, but if you find them useful, feel free and welcome to use them, whether you are a student or a teacher.
- First year University courses in mathematics include concepts and methods that can often generate confusion, stress and grief in the students who take them. Moreover, they rely on previous methods and concepts (those dreaded prerequisites) that are somehow forgotten on the way from high school to college. Here I provide my own interpretation and explanation of all these ideas, in the hope of being useful to some of you. Keep in mind that there are many other excellent web sites that do the same: visit them too and let's all work together to increase our understanding and appreciation for that powerful and unjustly vilified tool we call mathematics.
- Use the tabs at the top of the page to choose the area of your interest, and then select any written notes or short videos that may be of help. Feel free to browse and use the information as you see fit. It's all free!
- If you have any suggestions for improvements, or if you notice any errors, please contact me via email, as I will appreciate your input. However, please remember that this site is not meant as a tutorial service!